Now that restrictions are easing the Ramblers are keen to get back to their Sunday walks so they will walk at Derrycassin Forest on Sunday 16 May 2021. Cars will leave Boherquill at 1.30pm and meet at Derrycassin at 2pm for a 7km walk on trails through the wood beside Lough Gowna.
Please do not attend unless you agree to abide by these guidelines.
1 If more than 15 walkers attend, the group will be divided up into sub-groups.
- Walkers are requested NOT to take part in walk, and to return home immediately, if they feel ill.
- For health and safety reasons it is recommended that people bring their own post-walk refreshments if required as they cannot be shared.
- All walkers reminded to cough/sneeze into elbow, no handshakes and to exercise good hand hygiene before and after walk.
- Walkers must bring their own hi-vis otherwise no walk.
- No sharing of water bottles, etc. Please bring your own.
- Maintain 2m distance at all times when walking side by side, following, or overtaking slower walkers; otherwise masks should be worn.
- Walk in single file on the right side of path to allow approaching walkers or cyclists to pass.
We look forward to seeing you all soon so we can get back to enjoying our weekly walks, but we really want to do it safely for all.